This is America. New photos have surfaced of immigrant children separated from their families living in cages at the hands of customs and border patrol agents, and it’s stirring up quite the heated storm among the public. Outrage erupted over social media, as well as on several news outlets, including CNN. Indeed, several protests against ICE’s detainment methods are being organized across the country. Still, … Continue reading Everything You Need To Know About Trump’s Cages
I don’t remember the last time I met a young person who didn’t have an Instagram account, yet I can recall just yesterday overhearing a group of friends discussing how to get their feeds to “look better”, whatever that means. About three billion people have social media, and it feels like most of us are totally preoccupied with it. Now, I’m not bashing Instagram, or … Continue reading Why You Should Give Instagram a Break, and Soon.
Unfortunately, we all do things that grant us inevitable stresses. Now, feeling stressed isn’t necessarily something you have to feel, but let’s face it, most people get shaky from time to time, some of us more than others. A few go with the flow and shrug off the anxiety. A hearty kudos to them. But whether it be work, school, family, friends, hobbies, or whatever… … Continue reading The BENEFIT of PROCRASTINATION
momma, oh momma! i won the birth lottery ’cause of you! your white genes mixed with poppa’s gave me privilege; all wrapped and new. my icy blue eyes, and my straight blonde hair- keeps the public from watching, giving them glares. but… i never signed a waiver for this, no, there’s no permission slip here. i never asked to witness their deaths. yet black lives … Continue reading as an ally; a poem
In the United States, there has been a lot of buzz surrounding anything “gun” lately, and rightfully so. You name it; police brutality, gun violence, school shootings, gun laws… The list goes on and on, and as time progresses, it almost feels as though the issues worsen. In light of recent events, many have been looking over gun control laws perceptively. However, “gun control” almost … Continue reading GUNS: What Now?
- With winter quickly approaching some people become ecstatic and are ready for the holidays…but some of us struggle to get into a good mood about the holidays! So here is a list of the 20 best things about this winter! •
- I know we are all thinking it so let’s just get it out of the way…FOOD! Wether it’s Christmas dinner or a pancake breakfast, food is a key part to some happy holidays.
- Decorations! No matter what you celebrate decorations are everywhere! All the lights add to the winter feel.
- Holiday music! There is a song for literally every mood over the holidays!
- Snow! Snow is one of the key parts to winter! In a way it ties together all the holiday vibes! (Tip: If you live somewhere where its to warm to snow they take a road trip somewhere cooler over break!)
- Ice skating! Outdoor or indoor ice skating can really make your day and put you in a good mood!
- Hot chocolate! The original winter drink! (Tip: a good substitute could be coffee with peppermint creamer!)
- Time with family and friends! Winter holidays can often be very stressful so it is important to relax a bit with people you hold close!
- Picking out a tree! Or picking out any other decorations at setting up your house!
- Suspense…… as a kid I can remeber the feeling of excitement while going to sleep hoping Santa would come in the night. It made Christmas so exciting for me! Try doing a gift exchange with family and friends to bring some suspense back!
- New music in 2018! Look for your favorite artists and bands who may be pushing out some new tunes for the new year!
- Giving! In the business off the holidays it’s easy to become greedy and want more than you give. We often forget how good it can feel to give to others, try giving an unexpected gift to someone.
- Take a care day! Holidays are stressful! In taking care of others you put stress on yourself! So try and take a day off from baking and wrapping and just relax!
It has been twenty years since Gianni Versace was murdered.This year, Donatella wanted to make the Spring/Summer 2018 show about honoring him and his dedication to women. With all the buzz surrounding FX’s American Crime Story covering his brutal death next year, Versace felt it important to honor the person and designer Gianni was. This has to be the best show of fashion month so … Continue reading Gianni, We Love You: A Versace Collection Review
Kylie Jenner’s supposed pregnancy is all people on Twitter can talk about at the moment, hijacking the world’s most important issues recently: Mexico and Puerto Rico. The entire country of Puerto Rico is out of food and electricity due to Hurricane Maria, including a dam breaking which could’ve potentially killed 70,000 people. In Mexico, they’re having earthquakes which have already taken hundreds of lives. But … Continue reading People Care More About Kylie Jenner Than Mexico and Puerto Rico
During a speech at the United Nations General Assembly, Donald Trump “shockingly” threatened to “totally destroy North Korea”, called Iran “a corrupt dictatorship”, and said Venezuela’s government “has inflicted terrible pain and suffering on the good people of that country.” The remarks haven’t failed to appear, Iran’s foreign minister calling Mr. Trump’s speech “ignorant hate speech [that] belongs in medieval times,” Venezuela’s foreign minister went … Continue reading Kim Jong Un Calls Trump a “Dotard”