Welcome to the spookiest season of the year! Fall is my favorite season and as someone who lives with chronic migraine illness, it is also the season where my migraines hit the hardest. Chocolate is the candy of the season, and stress comes into full swing, so of course the frequency and intensity of my migraines spike. Here are a few products that I really recommend. Warning: some of these medications/products might be pricy for you, but I do have an illness that inhibits me from living a normal life. Therefore, I consider all the featured items completely worth every cent. Let me know if you have any other recommendations!
- Peppermint Oil- You can get this from any natural grocery store or even a Walmart. I recommend buying this particular brand and packaging: (https://goo.gl/2fdstP) . It is seriously a life-saver for on the go tension relief at school. It’ll last forever and is super relaxing. Peppermint oil can also be used for period cramps and usually any other sort of discomfort in the body or nausea that comes with migraines.
- Theraspecs- THESE are my new favorite things in the world. I have severe visual disturbances with my migraines. My auras and orbs are distracting and often I have to leave school when i have my migraines because of my visual issues. I invested the money in these glasses and have noticed such a great decrease in the strain that is put on my eyes. The lenses are tinted a rose pink/red color and are engineered to protect your eyes against fluorescent and LED lights. Despite the expense they are worth the money, and I highly recommend these glasses if you have migraines. I wear them at school all the time, and they allow me to stay focused. (https://www.theraspecs.com/)
- Headache Hat- I laughed a bit when my dad brought this one out of the Amazon package. This is a velcro ice pack that wraps and secures around your head, holding a bunch of small ice packs close to your head. It is kind of brilliant. See for yourself. It has done wonders for me. (https://goo.gl/iczWGP)
- Blue light lenses- If you wear glasses of any kind, whether that be readers or all round ones, getting blue light deflectors is the way to go. When working on a computer or staring at a device of any kind, having that protector is extremely helpful in the long run. (https://www.lenscrafters.com/lc-us/blueiq-lenses)
- B12- This is your BFF vitamin for migraines. It helps with the overall function of your digestive system, but also your skin, nails, and regulation of depression and stress. Keep your diet regulated as well as exercise.
These are just a few of my more advanced, non-newbie tips to mastering migraines. I hope some of these tips planted ideas into your heads about possible ideas on how to ease some of the pain in your head. Slow down on the chocolate this fall season, kiddo. It’s not good for your head. Best of luck!