Let’s be honest, taking care of your skin doesn’t usually come cheap. That’s why I’ve created a list of some of the best DIY skincare products to suit all of your needs because who doesn’t love having glowing skin AND saving money?
1. Coconut Vanilla Lip Scrub:
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 10 – 15 Drops of Vanilla Essential Oil
- 8 oz. Mason Jar
- Place the coconut oil into a microwavable dish and microwave for 30 – 45 seconds, until it oil completely melted.
- Pour the coconut oil into a bowl along with the vanilla. (Add more drops for a stronger scent).
- Mix the sugar in until it is completely blended.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar, and you’re set!
- This mixture will stay good for up to 2 months.
2. Grapefruit Bath Bomb:
- 1 Cup of Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons of Epsom Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Citric Acid
- 1 Teaspoon of Beet Juice
- 4 -7 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Water
- Bath Bomb Molds, Cupcake Tray, or Ice Cream scoop.
- Combine the baking soda, epsom salt and citric acid into a bowl. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the coconut oil, beet juice and essential oil.
- Whisk the dry ingredients with the wet ones slowly. It should then turn crumbly in consistency.
- The mixture will be finished when you can mold it into a shape without it falling apart. If it still comes apart, slowly add a TSP of water at a time until it becomes able to hold a shape.
- Pack them in any of the aforementioned molds or trays for about an hour.
- After you remove them, place them on a dry surface for at least 12 hours, then ENJOY!
- Drop them in any bath to create a fizzy finish.
3. Setting Spray:
- 1 TBSP of Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 TBSP of Witch Hazel
- 2 and 1/2 TBSP of Distilled Water
- 5 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Spray Bottle
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until they are blended well.
- Pour your mixture into the spray bottle using a funnel.
- Spray on your face after using your makeup to lock it in place all night.
4. Makeup Remover Pads
- 1 QT Mason Jar
- 2 TBS of Coconut Oil
- 2 squirts of tear-free baby wash
- 2 cups of purified water
- 2 packs of cotton pads
- Microwave safe bowl
- Mix the coconut oil, baby wash and purified water together.
- Microwave in 10 second increments until the mixture is fully melted.
- Place cotton pads in your jar.
- Pour the liquid you mixed into the jar, and press down on the cotton pads to help them soak the liquid up.
- Screw on the lid and keep your jar in a cool place.
- Use daily to remove makeup.
- This mixture should last for 3-5 months.
5. Lash Serum
- 1 TBSP of Aloe Vera Gel
- 3 TBSP of Organic Castor Oil
- 2 TSP of Pure Vitamin E oil
- 1 TSP of Almond Oil
- Small Screw On Jar
- Disposable Mascara Wands
- Add all of the ingredients together and whisk until there are no more lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the jar.
- Use a clean disposable mascara wand every time to avoid irritation.
- This mixture should last 3-4 months.